Monday, May 5, 2008

姫路城 Himeji Castle

On Saturday,I spent a whole day at Himeji.It was a nice place,where i could really feel the 'Japananese' smell.Of course,this place is famous for its castle,named 姫路城(Himeji Castle).It is a world heritage,built in 1346.It is also the best kept castle in Japan.The best picture I had is this:
After reaching Himeji Station,on my way to the castle,I saw this.Don't know what is it named but I think they might be the queen or princess or something..
Pictures inside and outside of 姫路城:





At the highest floor(6th floor)of the castle,there is a place where people throw in some money and do their prayers.They too will move the rope and ring the bell..so that their prayers are heard?

View from the top of the castle

After that,I went to 好古園(koukouen),a very authentic Japanese garden.It is the garden where before this,belong to the castle's emperor.Bad luck is,it is now the season where I could only see greenish plants ><





On my way back,I had this 焼き鳥(yakitori).Something like sate but..sate taste better!Yeah go Malaysia!!Some more it is expensive..500yen(rm15) per stick.


The お土産(omiyage-souvenirs) I bought.They taste really good..but I miss Batu Pahat's biscuit.hehe..


As for today..plan to go to the beach nearby.But the wheater is bad today..and a lil bit cold.So..not sure yet :)

2 comments:

calvin said...

there is one spot in himeji castle where people said they used to have ghost stories relating the place, wonder if you went there...

vincent said...

yeah..i was there.hehe..
it is said that someone was buried isnide a huge,deep well.thus they heard her voice everyday or something..
and there was also a place where they kill people..or enemy,or anyone who the emperor did not like named 腹切丸