Sunday, March 9, 2008

12th General Election

Just got up from a 4-hours noon nap.Because slept too late last night..Yeah,to catch the election's results.It was real slow!

The last time I sit in front of TV for so long was like..few years back?Even football matches last for only 2 hour 30 minutes plus match highlights.From 7 o'clock,I faced the TV screen and computer screen for not less than 8 hours,until 3 something in the midnight.(The FA Cup match between MU and Portsmouth didn't even bother me!!)

I feel that adults and of course,politicians take GE very seriously but for me,it gave me some kind of a 'carnival's feeling.Maybe I'm still too young for it ..I feel like I have missed something for not being able to participate in this GE.Am I going to vote 5 years later?I have no idea .If I'm not in Malaysia that time,I could vote by postal vote but according to most of my seniors...They don't.Hehe..laziness?

The results are out.The new government will be formed soon(as soon as Monday I guess).The people has chosen who to lead them.Hope that a better Malaysia is coming our way.

1 comment:

calvin said...

I guess as you grow up, the political awareness will slowly appear within yourself. I was cathing the results as well, all the way from Japan. No breaking news from the tv for me, but I just kept pressing the f5 key at malaysiakini's site till the wee hours of 3am. It was worthwhile, i tell you. With the result, lets us all hope there will be a better malaysia on offering from now onwards :)