Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My country

I'm at a place 6 hours flight from my home,Malaysia. With the internet, technology, all kind of new programs and sites that everyone can use now as long as you have a computer and internet connection, I feel like Malaysia is not that far from me.

Sadly , we don't use the benefits of internet for good stuffs. In fact, people are spreading words, videos, notes that could only make the racism problem in my beloved country to get worse. It was Merdeka yesterday. I miss celebrating it with my friends back in Malaysia, thanks to the good time I had when I was in SMRM marching band in my high school days.At the same time, I saw at least 10 posts on Facebook in the span of 2 days , spreading the news of bad things that are happening in Malaysia. People see what someone's post, and they forward. As they forward it they too ask people around to forward them too.

What I do not understand is, is there a need to tell everyone around you about the bad things that are happening? By spreading them and posting them on your profile, you're making people to hate each other more. Why don't we spread love instead? Crimes, racial issues and fights, unfairness of a country's policy..etc. I'm 22 this year, and I don't have the memory of such chaos in my country before. I shall call this one of the biggest detriment of the internet.

Finally, I'm here to ask for all my fellow friends and Malaysians who read this : Please stop posting videos or notes that could make the racial issue in our country getting worse. I love all the funny and meaningful videos that you share.I could only feel sad , other than sad when I see those posts condemning other races online. Because I have many friends from other races and there are all my true, good friends.

I'm a day late, but Happy Merdeka to all Malaysians.

2 comments:

Tian Shen said...

Agree! If u are here, you lagi sakit hati. lol

MAI'demoiselle. said...

indeed. :(