Thursday, June 11, 2009

LEGO


 My favorite toy when I was a kid is LEGO! Still remember receiving it as my Christmas and birthday presents years ago. Hmmm.. best-est pressies ^^

 Well these are not mine, but my lecture's.
Simple models but trust me its not easy to deal with it with a computer

 Yes with computer, I CAD with it ! CAD means computer aided design. It is the best CAD lesson that I have ever had. I had had 2.5 dimension , 2-dimension and for the past 2 weeks we have been doing 3-dimension CAD, with a mid-range software named Solid Works.


From blocks like this


We assembled them into something like this



And in the end... 


Views from other angle





  Of course students didn't designed the blocks ourselves but teachers did it for us when we were having exam. Can't imagine how difficult would it be if we had to draw out the blocks first before we assemble them into a complete item. I was in the same group with 6 other Japanese. Overall, we had nearly 6~7 hours of CAD lesson in the space of 2 weeks. 

 According to the lecture, we are the first batch of students who have this lesson in Akashi because they just bought the computers and softwares in March this year. Lucky me. ^^

 Might not be something really impressive but I feel satisfied, and enjoyed the process a lot. 
Last, a slight image on how CAD works. 

10 comments:

Robbie said...

lol.. nice rite?... but starting very hard to use rite?.. need to warm up 1st.. haha... im using pro E.. but should be the same 1.. hehe

vincent said...

hey robbie~
derrick told me you went zouk last night. how was it?

hmmm.. yeah. now the warm up is done. hehe~

C h a i n said...

it reminds me of my very 1st 3D design class. HAHA. neway, cool software there! i'm still using 3ds max n maya. BOSAN D! =/

Robbie said...

lol... not very nice la.. the sound system very cha~ lol... but i heard the entrance fees is lesser than 40...hehe

vincent said...

chain : you doing architecture? must be much more complicated huh?

robbie : but still you had your first time. hehe~

TS : its in august. I don't think so Jay-z is coming la dude. even Coldplay last time also Jayz didn't come.
but i have hoobastank and all american rejects on the same day :D

Robbie said...

damn it.. i wanna go!!!.. got LP hoobastank,the all american rejects. MCR also got rite?

vincent said...

yaya but MCR is a day earlier, on saturday. that day got paramore some more. sigh..

friday got lady gaga, limp bizkit beyonce and keane.
@.@

wk said...

What is that that I see?!

CONCERT LINE UPS?!?!?!

PARAMORE?!?!? AAR?!??! WTH?!

Heyyyyy doood!!!
How you doing?!?!

vincent said...

abby : Paramore! Wish I could make it. Depends if I do well in my next exam then I'll reward myself to a 2-straight-days concert XD

me doing fine here. a bit busy duh.
how bout you?

Bik Ee said...

製図?
凄いなぁぁ。。。
it look fun much better than solid work!