Monday, February 9, 2009

実習

  Actually.. What do you guys think bout students who are studying overseas? Especially for us who are scholars.. Maybe you might think :

They all sure bookworm one la.. Everyday facebook only.. 
 
No life.. 

Love books

Love studying

Study study and study only lor.. 

Exam exam exam...

.
.
.

 OK! Fine.. Maybe part of them are correct. But today wanna show you guys what do I do in my college other than studying ^^

 First, I'm from the department of Mechanical Engineering in my college. So, we do have some 'activities' too other than studying all that physics,maths, strength of materials, etc etc. We have this subject call 実習 (practical work) , where we'll have twice a month, 3 hours each. We do it in a factory, specially for Mech. Eng department. 

Inside the factory, you can see machines like this :

ワーヤー放電加工
(wire electron discharge machining) 
It's like 7 million yen if I'm not mistaken 
(Yaya my college very rich)

Sato-kun with his work, 旋盤 lathe
5 million yen each. We have 8 in the factory = 40 million $.$

CAD/CAM, computer aided design and manufacturing
We did the 2.5 dimension this year.
Very troublesome. I don't like it.
My good sensei , 大西先生
Been giving me private lesson for a year d. 
Veryyyy nice =)
He said will treat me after the end of 3rd year ^^
 Other than that , we too have フライス盤(milling machine), ボール盤(drilling machine), 鋳造(casting), 溶接(welding)- my favorite, and some others which I have yet to learn. The only thing I don't like was d factory uniform which cost me 9000 yen, RM 360. I can buy a new winter jacket d..

 I'm pretty sure my fellow friends in any kosen in Japan no matter you're in chemical eng department, civil, or any other sure have lotsa practical works like this too. So, it's not all about facing the books only. Experiments, measurement outside the class, design competitions... and so on. 

 I once thought when I got into PPKTJ. Why can't I straight go into a university in Japan like AAJ students? Well, come to think of it, it might be another blessing in disguise. YEAH, it's da right choice to choose bidang diploma kejuruteraan Jepun . hehe..


9 comments:

DerriCK.C said...

I used that of machine in pic 2 and 3 b4 at mmu :D

vincent said...

dude, those 2 are from the same machine xD

Wee Kien said...

i still prefer going straight to uni though.

vincent said...

chwk87 : have to accept .. after few years. i accepted d fact d..

Endoru said...

Boys and girls,

To be honest, be proud that you are in the technical colleges now. If you are really aiming to become a technician or an engineer, you are at the right place. You will be FAR MUCH technically trained compared to the university students if and only if you pay attention on your work and build your foundation strongly. Then, you will come to realize when you enter university the day when it comes, you have the confidence in the technical areas.

Vincent, you are right and keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

wah..so expensive ur 作業服。
mine one is around 4000yen++
hahaa..i love welding too!although it is quite dangerous!=)
but i hate my 実習now...learning 組み立つ。toking abt spanar,hammer,screw driver..aikss..plus i dunno wat the sensei is toking about...:S:S
hahaha...i think u are much better than me!
do enjoy =)

vincent said...

Andrew : wa... sempai praising me. =)
thanks~

Bik Ee : 4th year also got. haha.. its quite fun lor.
welding nice right!!! I just had my project done
^^

Robbie said...

well, they said this is the most fun part when studying mechanical engineering.. hehe

Endoru said...

I only praise what is worth to be praised so be proud. :)