Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas

Wanna create a new definition for the word 'Christmas' for those who are in a foreign country. 

Definition : The birth of Lord Jesus Christ .
                  
and,   Gathering of all family members and celebrate it in joy and peace... will be changed into :
 a tough period where he/she has to endure the difficulties of loneliness,being away from home or , the period when he/she misses  home the most. 

synonym : homesick 

Everywhere you go, people talk bout Christmas. I think the Japanese are more excited on Christmas than Christians in Malaysia. This is no joke. You get to enjoy the 'Xmas atmosphere' everywhere you go, especially in big cities. Shopping malls, furniture shops, electronic goods shops, train station, everywhere. I could hear Christmas songs being played. Waitress in cute santa costume, even workers in convenience store, they are in full red, with a Rudolph's horn on their head. Lights in the city, just like what you can see when it is Hari Raya in Malaysia.

I bet if you are in certain malls in Malaysia now, you can hear Chinese New Year songs right? Those noisy drums.. From my experience. ;p

Well, this lovely Xmas atmosphere is not helping me. These are making me to feel down when I go shopping>< (yeah I went shopping again). I miss going Xmas shopping with my sisters and mom(not because I can use their credit card ). I can't get to collect my presents under the Xmas tree anymore. I wanna give my mom a present.I wanna have that delicious Xmas dinner with my grandpa. I wanna sing ENGLISH Xmas songs in church cause I don't understand a thing what are the Japanese singing here. 

I've got to endure this. The second strike is coming soon, a month after Xmas ---> CNY. Sobb..
I wonder any cute Japanese girls wanna know more bout Xmas? I can tell her everything I know since the Japanese wants to know about western culture so much.
What the heck, I don't want any girls. I miss my family. I miss home. 

By the way, Merry Christmas :)
                     

3 comments:

Suba said...

Merry X'mas dude!
p.s.for someone who hasn't celebrated x'mas for almost 10 years,I have been dragged into the celebrations and am loving it,so,I get how you feel...but on the brighter side,this X'mas makes you cherish those who've been with you all these years...so,celebrate this X'mas,with much lovely thoughts of lovely ones,orite?

Maria Tan said...

no worries vince, u r going to enjoy ur self in Korea.. so enjoy ur Christmas there ya. take care

vincent said...

Suba : Thanks ~ I learn more through this ;)

sis : korea is going to be freaking cold.. *freeze*